BIMDeX 2nd User interface also called Basic settings, allow user to do further simplification in model before export using following options,
- Remove parts by Volume
- Remove parts by quantity
- Remove feature (Exclude standard holes)
- Include by View
Remove parts by Volume:
- Remove parts by Volume having option to set less than & greater than range.
- Components falls under created range will get exported & components which fall outside the range will be excluded.
- User can set range either based on percentage of volume or based on cubic units.
Remove parts by Quantity:
- Remove parts by Quantity also having option to set less than & greater than range.
- Here user having provision to control export of no. of instances (copies of component) respective to components.
- For Ex: User can create one set of Nut-bolts & create multiple Instances (Copies) of it which can be used in multiple places.
- Based on created range, no. of instances will get exported & Instances which falls outside the range will be excluded.
Remove feature (Exclude standard holes):
- Remove feature (Exclude standard holes) functionality allow user to exclude all holes which has been created using standard hole wizard functionality in SolidWorks.
- Note: – Holes created using extrude cut will not be considered as holes by Exporter tool and cannot be ignored.
Include by View:
- This functionality allow user to export based on visibility of components in selected view.
- Components visible in selected view will get exported & components which are not visible in selected view will be excluded from the export.
- User can select multiple views to export & components visible in selected views will get exported respectively.
- This functionality will be very much useful in excluding internal components for an enclosed model as for enclosed model internal components will not be visible in any of six views.
Share this article