During importing the Inventor model into Revit, the BIMDeX product provides you an added feature known as the category mapping wherein you would be able to map respective categories to the associated components.
- The above image depicts the category mapping option. The drop down gives you the generic and custom mapping options.
- The generic option would retain the same categories that was assigned in SolidWorks.
- The Custom option would take you to another pop-up window wherein you would be able to select the required categories for the respective components.
- You would be able to assign categories to any individual components either step by step or also in a bulk manner.
- After the selection of categories for the different components, hit the import option.
- The model would get imported carrying the mapped categories for the components inside Revit.
Share this article