Are you facing a requirement to take your SolidWorks model to Revit in a orientation rather than the default one.
BIMDeX provides you a option in which you can take your SolidWorks model to Revit based on co-ordinate system which helps you have your model maintained in a different orientation in Revit.
Please find below a quick walk-through on how you can achieve this solution using BIMDeX
- While designing in SolidWorks, user can create multiple coordinate systems within the model as per requirement.
- UCS option in Exporter will list all created coordinate system within the model in respective dropdown.
- User will have provision to export model based on selected coordinate system from the list.
- i.e. When user Export based on selected UCS and then import using importer in respective software then Model will get oriented in X,Y & Z accordingly.
- For Ex: if user having lighting component from SolidWorks & wants to orient in downward direction in Revit then user can create coordinate system in SolidWorks accordingly & exported based on that, model will get oriented in Revit accordingly after import.
Share this article