- Simplified representation (or simp rep) tools is functionality within Creo to simplify an assembly by excluding components in a particular representation or substituting one component (part or assembly) for another.
- Additionally, simp reps allow you to control the amount of data retrieved for a component.
- So, for any given component, you can retrieve all data, just the geometry (no feature information by all surfaces and edges are represented) or just graphics (just a wireframe representation of the component).
- For example, when working with a very large assembly, you may find it useful to create a simplified representation that only contains the component in a small section of the assembly. This enables you to simplify your working environment significantly and reduce the number of files that you need to download, while still including critical geometry.
- Simp rep’s functionality within Creo is similar like configuration functionality in SolidWorks but with advanced option.
- Simplified representations functionality in exporter tool will list all created simp reps within the model.
Only Components belong to selected simp reps will get exported & remaining will get excluded
Share this article